What every woman ought to know about dandruff remedies
We’ve all had issues with our hair from time to time. The most common complaints occur around split ends, flyaways and frizz. There is another very common hair issue that we don’t talk much about. Dandruff, a very common issue that affects everyone at some point in their life.
There are many causes for dandruff. Sometimes it is hormonal changes, such as pregnancy or menopause. For teens, hormones are not their friends and their scalp can sway from too oily to dry as fast as their moods.
Some women suffer from dandruff during seasonal changes, especially transitioning from winter into summer. Some medications can interrupt the hair and skin growth cycle, which can result in dry scalp which can produce dandruff, and in some circumstances, it can be a cruel genetic joke that runs in your family.
I deal with many people, men, women and children that have issues with dandruff and/or dry scalp and I am here to tell you that there is hope, This list is products that have proven results with my customers. These products are Salon Professional… Don’t let that scare you off… They only cost about $2 more than the department/drug store brands and have much better results.
Many times, with the proper product, the dandruff/dry scalp becomes a thing of the past. The active ingredient in many of the following products is Zinc Pyrithione, which helps reduce itching and flaking. It has antibacterial properties which can help reduce dandruff and scalp conditions that cause dandruff.
For Dry Scalp
- AG Stimulating Balm – an invigorating conditioner that is formulated to reduce and relieve a dry itchy scalp. Color safe and cruelty free.
- KMS Head Remedy Sensitive Shampoo – a gentle and soothing shampoo formulated for the most sensitive of scalps. Fragrance free and dye free. Color Safe.
For Dandruff/Dry Scalp
- KMS Head Remedy Dandruff Shampoo – gentle cleansing and color safe.
- AG Control Dandruff Shampoo – Gentle cleansing, Canadian made & cruelty free, color safe.
- JOICO Daily Care Treatment Shampoo – This product is created for any scalp problem – not truly a dandruff shampoo, many clients have had luck if their dandruff was due to hormone/seasonal changes. Color Safe. Great for dry scalp.
- SMART SOLUTIONS Problem Hair & Scalp Shampoo – ***AWESOME RESULTS*** If you suffer from severe dandruff, psoriasis or seborrhea try the following (you can hug me later). This little gem is paraben free, sulfate free, sodium chloride free and color safe. It also helps reduce frizz. This product relieves dryness, controls the oil on the scalp and hair and eliminates flaking..
Steer clear of the cheaper brands – they can tend to mask the problem. The products I have listed for you are formulated to treat the dandruff/scalp condition and in many circumstances, the dandruff becomes a thing of the past. For the ladies, feel free to wear your little black dress, and for the gents, you can once again wear your black blazer and not worry about hourly shoulder checks.
Contributing author Sara Stancu is “That girl in the red coat”. Sara is also the manager of a salon and retail shop with over 20 years of customer service and sales experience. Her tell it like it is approach is aimed at educating and enlightening clients, stylists and salon owners. She has also been the woman locked in the bathroom hating her hair. You can follow Sara on her website That Girl in the red coat and Twitter.