These Adorable, Easy Hairstyles for Holiday Travel Will Make You Want to Grab Your Suitcase!
Holiday travel is fun but, it is not as glamorous as it’s depicted in the popular media. This does not mean, however, that you should let your hairstyle suffer while you’re on the road. There are easy ways that you can amp up your hairstyle game even when traveling so you can look chic without the effort. You are in for some luck today – we are showing you two easy hairstyles that are designed to meet the needs of holiday travelers. These hairstyles provide the perfect balance of style and practicality. Hence, you can style them on-the-go and still look amazing for your next holiday stop.
The Low Braided Bun
Updos, like buns, are the perfect go-to hairstyle for holiday travel. But you can make it look like you spent more effort by opting for a braided low bun. The braiding detail will add a certain level of sophistication to the look, but adding in the messy bun details will make it look a bit undone. Check out below for a step-by-step guide:
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail.
- Separate the top section of your hair using an elastic tie. Then, tuck the length of your ponytail by forming a gap right above where the elastic tie is. Pull your hair all the way through.
- At this point, you must braid the hair that is gathered in the ponytail. When you are done, fold the braided section of the hair upwards to where the ponytail sits.
- Use bobby pins to secure the braided hair and lightly pull at the hair so it creates a worn-in effect to the hairstyle. This is also a great technique to frame your face.
- Finish off the hairstyle with a lightweight hairspray. Choose one that is designed to boost shine to give a healthy sheen to your locks. This will also keep your hair looking good despite long hours of travel.
For more ideas on how to style a low braided bun, check out these celebrity looks:
The Parted Half-Updo
If you do not like to go all the way with your updo, a half-up hairstyle is the next best thing. It helps to keep hair away from your face, but still keep the rest of your hair down. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on creating this hairstyle:
- Divide the top half of your hair from the other bottom half.
- Use a brush to smoothen out the top section of hair. Then, create a middle part of the top section of your hair. Secure the top section so you can also hold the part in place.
- Spritz on a small amount of hairspray on the top section of the hair. This will give a smooth and sleek finish to your hairstyle.
- To give a fresh look to your hairstyle, especially after long hours of travel, use dry shampoo. You can rub the product directly into your hair. This will help to absorb excess oil and also revive the texture into your locks. Carry this product with you while traveling to keep your hairstyle fresh.
What is your favorite hairstyle when traveling during the holidays?