Prom hair season is just around the corner and it’s not too early to be working on what to do with your hair. Sure the dress is got to be to-die-for and the shoes can be nothing less than perfect but . . . the hair, well the hair must turn heads! The most irresistible hairstyles are not always perfect, but they are healthy, flowing, romantic, and have a personality of their own.
Here are some of our favorite hairstyles for prom we think you should consider. And because we believe that you will find these hairstyles irresistible too, we provided easy steps to help you recreate these looks at home. Just give yourself a few practice sessions to get it right.
Faux Bobs are Fun, Flirty . . . Fabulous!
You can create this look at home in 6 easy steps.
- Wash, condition, and blow dry your hair.
- Smooth your hair with a flat-iron, or style it with a curling iron. This hairstyle usually looks best with curly hair.
- Pull your hair back, and create a low, loose ponytail.
- Part your hair at the base of your ponytail, and stuff the strands of your hair inside of the part. To create the most realistic effect, tuck the hair under the ponytail.
- Pin the hair in place. The pins will give the support that you need to keep your hair up while you’re getting down on the dance floor.
- Loosen up some strands around your face and crown area and mist lightly with a finishing spray!
Vintage, Soft Waves are Romantic
- Blow dry your hair using a smoothing serum and a large round brush. This should leave your hair smooth and full of body.
- Curl your hair in sections using a wide-barrel curling iron. The width of the barrel directly affects how lose the waves will be. We recommend using a curling iron that is at least 1.5 inches to create this look.
- Apply finishing styling products. A light leave-in conditioner to smooth frizz and a flexible hair spray to give longevity are wonderful options to put the last touches on your hair style.
Low Buns with Cascading Tendrils are Modern and Effortlessly Sexy
- Think about what texture you envision for your hair style. Your options are limitless because this versatile hairstyle looks incredible with every texture.
- Prepare your hair. Once you have decided on a desired texture, create it. Create straight hair with a flat-iron or curly hair with rollers or a curling iron.
- Tie your hair in a low ponytail leaving out strands around your face.
- Wrap your hair around the ponytail to create bun.
- Secure the hair with an elastic band or a few bobby pins. Once your hair is secure, spray lightly with a finishing spray and your hairstyle is complete!
Michelle Skye on Google+