Writing a Guest Post for Visual-Makeover or Hairstyle-Blog
We appreciate your interest in being a guest writer for Hairstyle Blog or Visual-Makover. Our visitors are highly motivated information seekers who are looking to find inspiration, advice, resources and ideas to help them look and feel their best. As a guest blogger, you are showcasing your professionalism and expertise, and we look to you to provide readers with a breadth of knowledge they wouldn’t get elsewhere. We only accept articles from professional hair stylists and beauty professionals.
Exclusive to us: The article you submit to us must contain totally unique content. No part of your content should appear on the Internet, or any other location other than Hairstyle Blog.
Blog Topics: Our readers are looking for useful information, tips, ‘how-to’s, inspiration, and anything to do with what’s new in the world of hair. Topic ideas include:
- Hairstyles – What’s hot for short, medium long hair, curly, straight, wavy, thin, medium, thick. Who can wear them, how to style, products needed. What’s trending?
- Hair color – Advice; what’s hot for redheads, blondes, brunettes, gray; What’s trending (ombre, dip dye, chalking)
- Celebrity hair – who can wear it, how to style it, products needed . . .
- New product reviews
- Hair accessories
- How to’s – braiding- buns- updos, blow-dry, get thicker looking hair . . .
- Advice – damaged hair; thin hair; typical hair mistakes and remedies; tips on styling with flat-iron, blow-dryer or any new tools; getting healthy hair; hair growth; hair loss; summer hair; winter hair; styling tips . . .
- What’s hot in your salon? What’s not? What’s controversial (brazillian blowouts)?
- Newest cutting or styling techniques
Tone of blog: Let your own voice come through, as if having a conversation with a client as you are cutting their hair. Don’t be afraid to lighten things up with a bit of your own humor. Humor can make an article come alive. An article that goes viral and becomes a “must share” and gets lots of likes, 1+’s, and thumbs up, are articles that inform and entertain.
Title: A title that engages the reader is important. Here is a resource for writing a great title.
Post length: As long as is required to get your message across, but no longer than 600 words. Say what you need to say, using your own style and voice, without a lot of repetition and clichés.
Formatting: Please submit your content in Word or plain text format. Other things to keep in mind;
- No bold type within the prose. Bold is the written equivalent of yelling!
- Subheadings: Please bold these to make them stand out.
- Links: The easiest way to denote a link within the body copy is to put brackets on either side of the URL. If a link to your own website is relevant to the content, you are welcome to include it, but don’t overdo it. We cannot overstate that it must be relevant to the content of your article.
Editing: We reserve the right to edit all posts that appear on our sites. Our intent is to make every post as successful as possible.
Images: Images add personality to the post, break up the text and grab attention. Liberal use of images is strongly encouraged. Copy and paste the images into your article or send a URL link and we will insert appropriate tags.
Article Credit: Please include a short bio with a picture if possible. A picture puts a human touch on your article. Your byline will appear at the bottom of the post and should be 3 – 4 sentences in length with a maximum of 2 hyperlinks. We cannot give outbound links to non-relevant pages. We are about hair, fashion, beauty and women’s issues so if your link is not to one of these topics we won’t include it. But, by all means include a link to your salon. We encourage you to put in links to your Twitter feed, Facebook or Google+ Here’s an example:
If you have any questions, please get in touch via our contact form.